Seeding Hope Counselling Centre
The Seeding Hope Counselling Centre in Sacred Heart College, Tirupattur, is here to give psychological support to students. The core focus of the counseling centre is to enhance the overall well-being of the student by focusing on academic, social, psychological, and relationship aspects of student life. The centre provides prevention based education that promotes mental health to the College community. The Counsellors facilitate the students in their day-to-day distress and also augment their overall functioning. The students are empowered in such a way that they become independent of the Counseling in the shortest time possible. The service offered by the Counselling Centre is also extended to staffs, faculty, and parents who have concern towards the students.
The Counseling Centre services are available from 9am to 4pm on all the working days of the college.
The Counseling Center chiefly provides short-term individual counseling to help promote personal and academic success at the College. Additional services include:
- Group counseling or psycho-educational workshops.
- Training Counselling Skills to Psychology and Social work students.
- Consultation to help faculty, staff, parents and students assist a student in distress.
- The Counseling Center provides referrals to students in the incidents where they are unable to offer appropriate clinical services.
- Mental health education to the community (Out Reach).
The Counselling Centre is located in the Abraham Panampara Research Centre (APRC) building, Next to the Administrative Office, SHC
Contact:04179-220553 , Extn: 123