|Department of Physics (Shift-I)
|Physics department is following Don Bosco?s preventive system of education.
Students are prevented from getting fail marks in the examination and their standard is raised by the following practices.
- When students are admitted in the first year, the class in-charge teaches the lessons both in Tamil and English to understand and create interest in the subject.
- Since most of the students are coming from Tamil medium, notes ? dictation is fully avoided because they write with lot of spelling mistakes. Notes are circulated and the students are asked to ??? submit the hand written notes periodically.
- When OHP is used, time is saved from drawing figures. The ?? teacher is making use of full hour in teaching.
- The saved time is used to conduct periodic tests and warnings are given to students not performing well.
- Students are encouraged to ask questions to clear their doubts.
- Students are not punished or disturbed physically or verbally. Sometimes impositions will be given for the betterment of dull ????? students.
- In practical class, initially practice is given to operate the measuring instruments like screw gauge, microscope etc.
- Theory of practice is given for students before starting every cycle of experiments.
- Each regular practical is considered as a test by giving marks for their performance.
- For late admitted students and students attending sports, NCC and NSS camps, opportunity is given for doing practical in afternoon ? time.
- Regular submission of calculation completed practicals observation sheets and record note books is insisted.
- Before conducting CA tests in theory and practical, model tests are conducted.
- Seminars are conducted.
- Students are motivated by IQAC and CQC programmes.
- In First year students fill up their bio-data and a file is created for ? every batch. It is useful to contact their parents, to know their back ground and also for future contact.
- Students have to get prior permission from HOD or produce leave letter to take leave. The HOD informs the class in-charge.
- Parents of students are called and informed about poor ? performance in tests, misbehavior and long absentee.
- Brother - Sister relation is insisted among boys & girls and monitored by the First year class.
- Morals are taught during good morning talks.
- Absolute silence is observed in class and lab.
- Education tour is arranged in the final year.
- Dress code is insisted.
- HOD is given due respect by teaching staff and Lab. Assistants in the department and HOD is having cordial relationship with staff.
- There is mutual understanding among the staff.
- There is a family atmosphere in the department.
- Staff family functions are attended by all staff.
- Students problems are discussed in meetings and solutions are taken.
- OHP and PPT methods are used for teaching.
- Seminars by students are given by using PPT.
- Extra credit paper on Bio-Physics was introduced.
- Special projects were given to second year B. Sc students.
- UGC sponsored certificate course was conducted during 2004-2007