To uphold academic integrity and curb plagiarism in research, the college management procured one of the best plagiarism detection tools, TURNITIN during February 2016. The following are the policy decisions made.
- All the UG & M.Phil and PG heads are added as Instructors and they are provided with an account in TURNITIN with username and password and training will be given for all the account holders (Instructors) on how to use TURNITIN by the TURNITIN administrator.
- The entire PG and M.Phil thesis should be tested by the Head of the respective Departments before the students submit hardcopy of their thesis to the Controller of Examinations from 2016-17 academic year onwards. Each student can test their thesis twice and their final thesis should be deposited in the repository in order to prevent duplication in the following years.
- Considering the diversity of the various programmes offered in our college, the level of plagiarism can be decided by the respective departments, though 25% can be the maximum level of admissible similarity in any department.
- Each student shall be instructed to furnish an undertaking indicating that the thesis has been prepared by him or her and that the document is his/her original work and free of any plagiarism. Each supervisor shall submit a certificate indicating that the work done by the researcher under him/her is plagiarism free.
- Any violations in this regard should be taken to the knowledge of the Principal for necessary disciplinary action. Plagiarism Disciplinary committee constituted by the Principal will look into all the issues of plagiarism and recommend suitable action to be initiated against the defaulter.